7.15.2011

Tip of the Day: Thrifting Can be Elegant

I remember going to the thrift store with my mom and feeling a little embarrassed.  I mean, you are shopping through other people's hand-me-downs, stuff they cast off because they had something better.  I always felt it was a place for "poor people" (which, I'm not sure why I thought I was wealthy . . . ).

I'm glad I've seen the Light, so to speak.  I love finding treasures and then coupling them with other treasures to create a truly elegant ensemble.  I don't think you have to look like you're wearing hand-me-downs.  So find some classy stuff and start showing it off!

3 comments:

  1. I remember feeling the exact same way when I went shopping at thrifts stores with my mom. Lol :). Now she always rubs it in my face how I have become like her. She's so proud. :). I love thrifting and couldn't agree with you more. So much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how you grow out of that, huh? Glad we did:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You amaze me! I wanna go shopping with you, although I wont have to take anything in, I am sure! haha.

    ReplyDelete