7.26.2011

Tip of the Day: Learn a Skill

I cut my toddler's hair last week.  No, I don't know what I'm doing.  Yes, I really thought I'd give it a go after reading an old hair cutting book I got a the thrift store.  No, I don't think that's abusive.  Yes, she will be just fine after a few practice runs.  Why are you asking all these questions?

Seriously, though, I found that there are so many funky things at thrift stores, not the least of which are "how-to" books.  Aside from cutting hair (I cut Brock's, too), I'm learning to build a doll-house (current project), turn an old window panel into a picture frame, and fix my plumbing (okay, well, not really.  Brock is learning that one, and yes, he did get that book from the thrift store.  It's his "bathroom book."  Very appropriate).

Summer time is project time, and believe it or not, the thrift store meets all (well, probably some) of your how-to needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment