6.16.2011

Tip of the Day: Wear What You're Looking For

My sister is looking for some business clothes.  She told me she sometimes has a hard time looking for things because she can't tell if it'll look good with what she already owns.  So I told her to wear what she's looking for.

For Example:  She wants a blazer to wear with dress slacks she owns.  I told her to wear the slacks, heels and all, to the thrift store so that when she tries on the jackets, she won't have to guess about color, sizing, etc.  She'll have on the whole outfit.  It works with jeans and t-shirts, too.  You never know if the hemline of a shirt is too high or low compared to your pants unless you have them both together.

2 comments:

  1. I miss Columbus thrift stores! They don't have any good ones here. I spent 2 days scouting out all the ones within 20 miles and nothing. We did make some good finds at yard sales last Saturday so I guess I'll have to get out my thrifting urge early on Saturday mornings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang! I know--the thrift stores here are really good. Garage sales are awesome, though, and as you know sometimes cheaper than Goodwill. We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete