6.14.2011

Tip of the Day: Shout Out to My Mother-in-Law

So, for all my thrifting, I do have to give a shout out to my mother-in-law, who has an incredible talent for finding deals at the "regular" stores.  I've been to all kinds of stores, including Anthropologie and Banana Republic (both stores with really, really, really cute stuff) with her, and she's walked out with $10 shirts.  So I'm just going to say that even "normal" stores have some great deals if you look hard enough (Macy's clearance section is one of my favorites--and the teen clothes are usually cheaper than the "mom" stuff--often the same sizes, too).

6 comments:

  1. my mom has that same gift for finding great bargains at "regular" stores. I am the happy recipient of many of her finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear there shopping-savvy moms everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would call that polka dot dress a steal! Very cute, and it's hard to find a non casual dress for 20 bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't know if you have ever looked at the osh-kosh and carter stores when they have sales especially their clearances..you can find kids clothes for $2.50 and less like shorts, polos and plain tees that are way cute...my mom gets the best deals for all her grandkids there...love your site nicole!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip--I love those stores as well. Target has been my favorite lately in their 75% off racks, but I'll have to go to Carter's and look around. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too true, Carla, especially at the last minute!

    ReplyDelete