11.08.2011

Tip of the Day: Towels re-visited

I never ended up buying towels at the thrift store, mostly because I re-discovered one of the secret gems of thrifting:  the dollar store.  Bad taste, you say?  Nothing of quality there?  Not so.  Here are a list of things I found today:

Towels (small, not fancy, but for our budget, they work great as guest towels in a pinch)
"Silver"ware (yeah, definitely not real silver, but again, good for Thanksgiving when there are a lot of people)
Gift bags--enormous gift bags (and lots and lots of wrapping paper accessories)
Nail polish
Place mats
Hot pad
Hangers
Stocking Stuffers (tons and tons of those)

And more . . .

So the tip is once again to humble yourself and take a peek.  You'd be surprised . . .

3 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I have been a prude about shopping at the Dollar Tree, but my mom took me there once and showed me their kitchen section. I have to be honest, paying a dollar for an orange juicer is a good deal to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a lover of the dollar store, you really can find some great deals! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm glad you think so:). You really can find treasures anywhere:).

    ReplyDelete