8.31.2011

Tip of the Day: Even if it Doesn't Look Like It . . .

We are avid garage-salers, but I am going to admit a weakness:  Sometimes I blow past good sales.

Brock has to stop me.  I'm so anxious to make the most of my sale day that I will sometimes glance through a yard without much interest.  Last week was no exception.

We drove up, and it looked like a "guy sale"--you know the kind: car parts, tools, etc.  Nothing really good.  I turned to Brock and said, "Doesn't look that great.  Let's just go."  He convinced me to at least check it out, though, and I gave in, sure he would be as disappointed as me.  But I was wrong, and I'm glad I was.  We ended up leaving with 5 dining room chairs for $15, a darling purple pea coat for $3, and various clothing items for $1 each.  Check out the pics, and next time you're tempted to blow past a sale, make sure to pick through it carefully.  It could be a good one, even if it doesn't look like it . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment